"K2" Unveiled

Dear colleagues,

There was a question to the list last week about K2; below is a message
from another list to which I subscribe that may be of interest to some
members of framers. Not that we would ever think of switching.

Some of you may want to check out the dMACS site for other information as
well.

Lindsey Martin

>Dear friends,
>
>In keeping with our mandate to inform the industry of events that are
>likely to impact digital workflows, the dMACS Project is pleased to
>announce that immediately following Adobe's scheduled press conference
>on March 2, 1999 at Seybold Boston we will be posting on our website
>an article entitled "QuarkKiller", an in-depth description of the Adobe
>software formerly known as K2, reproduced courtesy of Graphic
>Exchange magazine and authored by Graphic Exchange publisher Dan Brill.
>
>The review will be packaged as a PDF file weighing in at approximately
>843K and will be available for download from the dMACS website at
>http://www.dMACS.org on the specified date at approximately 9:30 a.m.
>
>Graphic Exchange is one of the industry's most respected publications
>for professionals in graphic communications and graphic arts. For a
>complimentary subscription within Canada, e-mail gxo@tube.com
>or call 416-961-1325.
>
>Those interested in participating in the dMACS Project, can register
>to do so on the initiative's website. Recent updates to the site include
>updated MACS standards files for view or download, the availability of
>MACS/dMACS-conforming "minimum requirement colour bars", new
>participation announcements and, of course, the "K2" article to be
>posted on March 2, 1999.  Bookmark it!
>
>We've recently added a Vendor Survey to our existing Agency, Publisher
>and Printer/Prepress survey set. If you haven't already filled one out,
>please take this opportunity to do so, in order that we may include
>your CTP workflow-related products in our upcoming index.
>
>"CU4K2" on Tuesday!
>
>Best regards,
>
>Shane
>
>--
>Shane Steinman
>dMACS Project Head, Digital Magazine Advertising Canadian Specifications
>c/o ArchAngel Media Inc. 555 Sheppard Ave. W., Suite 910
>Toronto, Ontario M3H 2R7 Canada  Tel/Fax: (416) 410-3355
>Email: shane@dMACS.org   Website: http://www.dMACS.org

(Mr) Lindsey Thomas Martin, Publication Production
The Fraser Institute  http://www.fraserinstitute.ca
2nd floor, 626 Bute Street, Vancouver BC  V6E 3M1 Canada
Tel: (604) 688-0221 x335  Fax: (604) 688-8539
office e-mail: ltm@istar.ca  home e-mail: lmartin@sfu.ca