Frame 5.1.2 Confused about Graphics

Framers,

I've successfully done this a long time, and have now hit something I'm not
sure I can fix.

I have a nasty Appendix, consists of 200 figures, each importing a
different GIF file from my "graphics" directory (1 level below directory
containing rest of book).  I ran this several times with new sets of GIFs,
and no problem.

Now, I have another new set of GIFs, but the very first one in the book is
now missing (it won't be in the new set, and I need to edit the Appendix).
However, on attempted Open of this file, once Frame is off course, it's not
finding ANY of the GIFs, and indeed, keeps looking at the directory above
(the book directory) as opposed to the "graphics" subdirectory.  AND, to
make matters worse, the directory names (on a networked drive) are
cumulatively so long, that in the dialog, I can't see which graphic it
isn't finding.

I've done a little testing, and even redirecting the first graphic to one I
have isn't working.

Any other ideas?? I'm going to hope you all have something for me to look
at on Monday ...

TIA,
Alice Preston
Bellcore