Re: Booklet on FM for Mac

Peter Gold wrote:

<Moderate snippage>

>  Continue the process of pasting and connecting in
> the sequence you want your booklet's pages to follow. This is how layout
> programs are typically used, and, though FM's rarely used this way, it's
> perfectly capable of nearly all that you'd expect, with the exception of
> having two different page numbers on one page spread.

<Snippage continued>

Peter,

This format, called "saddle stitching," is extremely common.  In the
Olden Days, this was achieved by using a compositor or by having
a production person make mechanicals by hand to give to a printer.

I am not convinced, however, that FrameMaker can't handle the flows
and numbering much as it would for discontiguous articles that appear
in newsletters or small-format newspapers.  I'd have to experiment
with some of the scenarios in Chapter 11 of the current manual, since
there is no explicit information regarding saddle-stitched booklets
such as Dina is attempting to make, but I suspect that it is possible
to do this in FrameMaker.  Frankly, if it isn't, then it should be!

(Going back into Ancient History [B.M. "Before Mouse"], I even
discovered a way to do this in a version of WordStar.  It would
therefore be an evolutionary Giant Leap Backwards if FrameMaker
were unable to handle such a common document format.)

Anyone from Adobe got a handle on this??

Interested in Silicon Valley,

-- Tom