Booklet on FM for Mac

Hi all:

I am putting together an information booklet on FM 5.5 at home (Mac).

I am just about finished editing the copy and I am about to design my
template. I want the finished product to be printable landscape across one
8.5x11" page and folded.

It occurs to me that if I try to do this 1:1, my page numbering will be
problematic as will pagination in light of the final folding/stapling
process.

Would it be better in your opinion to simply use a booklet-type app after
the fact and reduce the thing to the size I need?
Or is this route the edge of the slippery slope?

I would appreciate any thoughts that you have...

thanks,

Dina