RE: FAQ wrt Printing & PDF & Some Personal Notes

At 2/5/99 12:38 PM , Marie C. Paretti wrote:
>Dov,
>
>I've been following this closely since I always use the Save As PDF option,
>but I always change my printer to Distiller Assistant and update the book
>to get the colors right first. I do this because when I create the PDF, I
>first import a special "OnLine" template that  highlights all
>cross-references in blue, whereas the printed version is all B/W and our
>office printer is strictly B/W.
>
>Is this achieving the same effect your suggestion to use the Print option
>with Distiller as the printer?
>
>Marie

What your are effectively doing is printing to the Distiller Assistant
via FrameMaker's own sewer pipe. Your settings will obviously match those
of the printer set for the Distiller Assistant. That is why it works and
is probably the only case that works "correctly." However, note that you
don't get the print menu and all the options that it affords.

	- Dov