Re: FW: Table Processing

Harvey & Dina,

You did not indicate what platform you are on.

Also, the nature of the question suggests that this is a repetitive report,
generated from data supplied externally.  If this is true, this is an
important aspect because it means that it is theoretically possible to build
"blank cell markers" into the repetitive data-source stream (it could be
easier to search for the "marker" "XYZ" than to search for a cell without
contents).

On Win95/98 FM 55x, I would think that FrameScript can do this automation.

Working out the logic itself would be a little tricky and time consuming,
however, I can't think of a reason why FrameScript could not do it.

I am copying this message to one of the FrameScript folks.  You can contact
them for more information on the product.
  ( "Frank Elmore" <elmsoft@mindspring.com> )

Their web site is at:
   http://www.frametools.com/framescr.htm

Harvey, if you need a fast start on this, I (Jay) MIGHT (not sure what our
schedule looks like) be able to develop the core script for you using one of
your sample files.  At least you would have it done sooner without having to
confront the FrameScript learning curve in a pressure situation.

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991