Cannot create file for writing error

Here's the story... I've got a client who is brand new to FrameMaker. She's
installed FrameMaker (5.5.? on Windows -- don't know which flavor) and gone
through the tutorials without a hitch (was able to make changes and save the
files). Inexplicably, now any time she tries to save a file she gets an
error which is something like "cannot create file for writing." Obviously
this isn't good.

I suggested that she might need to reinstall Frame and she didn't seem
pleased -- apparently her new PC doesn't even have a CD-ROM drive, so she
would need to reinstall over the (slow) network.

Anyone know anything about this kind of error? I've told her to call Adobe
about it, but I thought someone on the list might have some insight.

Thanks,

Adam Korman