Re: FrameMaker 5.5.6 PDF problem.

Margaret,

(From your hung-over [not really] support staff -- it is I who need
the supporting.)

You SHOULD/MUST use the "Distiller Assistant" "printer" (a virtual
printer; there is no actual device) to generate your PS files.  When
printing to a PS file from FM, from the FM Print dialog

   Print: Setup: select the Distiller Assistant as the "printer" (and
look at the Setup to make sure that the settings are what you need).
   Once the "printer" is so defined, check the Print Only to File
clickbox and make sure that you define the full path and desired name
of the resulting PS file.

Then Distiller that PS file.  (On Win95, Distiller is invoked simply
by double clicking the PS file in Explorer.)

HOWEVER, before Distilling the file, I suggest going to the directory
where Distiller (Acrodist.exe) is installed and start it up.  Then,
under Distiller... Job Options... carefully evaluate your needs and
make any necessary changes to the various settings.  Pay particular
attention to General, Compression, and Font Embedding.  If you have
images or sensitive font needs in your document, making the incorrect
settings will significantly affect your result.

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991