Re: Yet another tirade from Posada

Dan Emory wrote:

> At 08:48 PM 11/12/98 -0500, John Posada wrote:
>
> >Nothing personal. but, can you or someone tell me what tales such as this do
> >(bedsides making you feel warm all over by being able to get if off your chest)
> >to contribute to our proficiency in using Frame aside from making new Frame
> >users believe that functioning in a Frame world is only full of problems?
> information they're actually looking for. I doubt if you'd find two people
> on the list who use the delete key (or filters) in exactly the same way.

Like John, I'm more interested in solutions than stories about how dire people's
worlds are. I believe he's entitled to his opinion and as you say, there's always
the delete key.

> Does that mean all 2000 should, as you have done, post to the list their
> definition of what they think everyone else should not be interested in?

As you and I have just done?

> The only kind of post I find to be completely devoid of any useful content
> are ones like yours, whose clear purpose is intimidation.

Interesting choice for the subject title.

> And while I'm at it, your 11-line signature block (retained below) is about
> as long as the average posting, and includes a plug for your company, a
> disclaimer about your opinions (as if anyone cared), and two cutesy
> aphorisms. It's a classic example of wasted bandwidth. At the very least you
> should reduce your signature block to two lines, as follows:
>
> "My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company nor I can take any
> credit whatsoever for them"

This would perhaps have been more appropriately dealt with privately.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au