Re: Somewhat related font viewing question

Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:42:10 -0400, "Debbi Leipold" <debbi@diehlgraphsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hey Bill, just got yours twice. Did you cross post it? :-)
>
> No, but he addressed it to you and also cc'd the list!  So you *should*
> get two!  Incidentally, with this fast server, the direct posts to the
> sender should really be omitted when you are also replying to the list;
> they make sense if the server takes hours to respond, but not otherwise...
> unless the person is on the digest, and needs a fast answer, in which
> case they should say so...

I find it a bit maddening that such is the state of mail servers in
the late 1990s...   Back in the Dark Ages (the mid-to-late 80s),
our distribution list servers at Xerox would check individuals
against the list and prevent those people from getting duplicates,
which served only to clog up the servers anyway.  This is highly
inefficient, but I suppose I can live with it.  Sigh.  Even Xerox has
taken huge steps backwards... after inventing the GUI, which
was stolen by Apple and then stolen again by IBM and Bill Gates,
they went on to produce the most elegant user interface ever...
... and then they walked away from it in favor of a Microsoft
"solution."  Ah well, it's.... cheap.   :o)

-- Tom