Re: Somewhat related font viewing question

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:42:10 -0400, "Debbi Leipold" <debbi@diehlgraphsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hey Bill, just got yours twice. Did you cross post it? :-)

No, but he addressed it to you and also cc'd the list!  So you *should*
get two!  Incidentally, with this fast server, the direct posts to the
sender should really be omitted when you are also replying to the list;
they make sense if the server takes hours to respond, but not otherwise...
unless the person is on the digest, and needs a fast answer, in which
case they should say so...

>Seriously, I am
>getting messages posted just to this list twice.  It is not a big deal but
>just wanted make Jeremy aware of it. From the looks of these replies I must
>be the only one.  I have had some other e-mail problems so it might be on my
>end.

I checked the list directly (telnetted to the server and grepped the
list file, doesn't get any more direct than that ;-), and you are
only on once, unless you have a second alias that does not include
either "deb" or "die".  Actually, majordomo won't let you subscribe
twice with the same name even if you try.

I think Bill is right, the cross-posts can get confusing; but look
on the bottom, and if you see a giant conference announcement, it's
not from here.  Also, there's still a cc:mail user on the other list
who reflects back any post where the list name is in the cc instead
of the To: field, so when you cross-post avoid doing that... or you
will get *three* copies back, and everyone else will get two!

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/