Re: Censorship alive and well on frameusers

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:13:10 -0500, Bill Swallow <techcommdood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> where the admin, Lisa Bronson <lisa.infocus@xxxxxxxxx>,
>> has been excluding posts on this very issue,
>
>Probably because they are off-topic.

Not in my book.  Posts about operation of any list are always
on-topic for that list.  Net policy, IMHO.

>I honestly don't understand what the stink is about. She changed the
>mail server, and that caused everyone to be automatically re-added,
>but since she moderates new members' first posts everyone was
>moderated for one post.

Nope.  There was a "first post" just now from a newbie who
quoted the entire digest.  Do you think a moderator would
pass *that*???  No, a select group of posters is being
moderated.  Not the first time that's happened to me, BTW;
Brad did it often, when he thought I *might* say something.
I've had quite a few purely-technical answers I've sent held
up for a day because of that... while later posts from others
appeared normally.  It's not the scenario you thought.

>I don't pretend to speak for Lisa. I speak for myself. If you have
>issue with her list, why not talk to her.

Because she won't answer.  I *have* posted directly to her
with my concerns, and copied this list with that post.
She could reply on-list, or privately (in which case I
would *not* repost her reply to the list).  She has
chosen not to, though she's had no problem, again, in
posting replies to others for posts sent the day after
mine.  Do we see a pattern here, Bill?  ;-)

BTW, all, Bill is the list-owner of HATT, an excellent
group for support of help-system authoring.  He does
*not* moderate it, and it stays on-topic as much as we
do (except on Fridays ;-).  I highly recommend it:
    HATT-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Jeremy H. Griffith, Free Framers list admin
   <framers-owner@xxxxxxxxx>

** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxx **