Re: Graphics question

> Is there any raster format (PNG TIFF, TGA, whatever) that preserves its
> transparency when imported into FM?

Nope. See http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/317850.html
(Which isn't entirely correct, since transparency in EPS files
is supported by FM. You have to remember to select the imported
EPS image, and set the Fill to None. The transparency will not
show up on-screen, but will show correctly in PostScript printouts
and generated PDFs.)

> I want to vignette a number of screen captures so that I only show the
> area of discussion, but I don't want a hard crop, as that does not show
> that the area in question is part of a larger object. I seem to remember
> doing this via PS/EPS many years ago, but as I recall, that was a real
> pain, and not terribly efficient.  What I plan on creating is four "fade
> to white" effect areas (Left, Top, Right, Bottom) that I can then
> overlay on the base image.

I think you have to create that effect in the image itself before
importing it into FM, unfortunately.