RE: FrameMaker's Future

> relationships, attributes, quantifiers (+,*,?,%)) Are there other
> products out there that will convert XML to print with the power that
> FrameMaker provides? (Different master pages according to element, apply
> different styles based on relation of XML element, book building, page
> numbering)

> A couple days ago was the first time I had heard of Arbortext, I haven't
> had a chance to look further into the product. Does anyone know if it
> will do what I describe above?

Epic can format XML, use different master pages (page sets, in FOSI) depending on element, and use context to handle even the same element differently through FOSI and, I think, XSL/FO stylesheets.

But not without significant investment in those stylesheets.

------
Paul Nagai

Tsunami relief portal:
http://www.networkforgood.org/