Re: ?: compatability between FM versions and FDK versions

Although I'm not a user of FDK, I recall reading on one of the FrameMaker lists that there are a few commands that are changed between some FDK releases. Sometimes the old commands are retained for backwards compatibility, and sometimes not.

Have you read the release notes for your FDKs? Sometimes the information is there, sometimes maybe not.

HTH

Peter

At 09:15 AM 4/28/2004, a rebel in dystopia wrote:
--- Ken Luke <ken_luke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I've seen this problem, it's usually indicative
> of incorrect binaries
> for the current platform. Are you able to get any of
> the sample plugins to
> work? If not, I would double-check your MSVC setup.

Sorry, I replied to Ken directly instead of replying
to the list.

I tried to build the aframes sample and I got the same
result. So something does appear to be wrong with my
compiler set-up. FYI my environment is: Win NT 4.0
sp6, MSVC 4.0, FM 5.12, FDK 5.5.6.

I followed the FDK documentation closely and I think
I've done what it says. However, I was getting a
compile error that told me to use "/NODEFAULTLIB:"
because of a conflict with LIBC. Should I use the
NODEFAULTLIB parameter when compiling or should I be
UNDEFfing any datatypes?

Thanks for the help, folks!

Regards,

Peter Gold
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker, Acrobat, InDesign
KnowHow ProServices
www.knowhowpro.com
Voice: 612.823.7113
FAX: 1-413-832-3550