Migrating to a better citation/reference package?

I have used CiteMaker with FrameMaker 6 to compile citations into a
list of references at end of each chapter file in my book.  It relies
on a large bibtex file as a database, which took a long time to
assemble.  I have hundreds of references, each cited possibly from
a number of places within the chapter files.

Understandably, the examiners of the document want the list of
references at the end of the whole book, which CiteMaker seems
incapable of doing.  Is there a package that can do this?  If so, is
there a migration path from my current use of CiteMaker to this
package?  Aside from assembling the bibtex database file, it took a
long time to cite the references from the body of the text.

Thanks.

Fred

P.S.  Sent to comp.text.frame, adobe.framemaker, and
framers@xxxxxxxxxx
--
Fred Ma
Dept. of Electronics, Carleton University