RE: Monotype Fonts?

Karl Schmidtmann wrote:

> Any recommendations for a monotype font to use to represent
> screenshots of
> text from a terminal? The output will be PDF, so I would
> think it would have
> to be a PostScript font that allows embedding in a PDF.

Do you mean _monospaced_ (aka "fixed width") font? "Monotype" is the
name of a font foundry; check their offerings at www.monotype.com.

It doesn't have to be PostScript -- TrueType and OpenType work fine for
PDF. You shouldn't encounter an embedding restriction on fonts from a
major foundry or vendor, such as Monotype, Linotype, or Adobe.

I like Lucida Sans Typewriter, which just happens to come from the
aforementioned Monotype Corp. and is available in several weights and
variations. My versions are TrueType, but I think Monotype also has
OpenType and PostScript versions.

For a list of foundries and vendors, see:

http://www.will-harris.com/typefoundries.htm

For more monospaced fonts, see:

http://www.elfring.com/fixed.htm

http://www.aliveonline.com/homesite/fonts.html