Re: How to add bleeds in a FrameMaker document ?

Martine Cassini wrote:

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a FrameMaker 7 (PC) document, almost ready to print. But the client asked to add a bleed. My question is: do I have to recreate a new layout and reimport the whole text, or does it exist a better way to add the bleed at this stage?

And of course crop marks have to be in the right place for the print service!

Use the graphics object dialog box to ensure that whatever you want to bleed does so.

If you have a solid-colored frame, for example, that you want to bleed on three sides of a cover of an A4 document, use the graphics box to set the box origin to left= 0 top= -3mm and the size to 213x303mm.

There is no way to see what you have done but it will image OK and crops will be in the right place.

HTH

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement