Re: Framemaker 7.1 with Acrobat 5

At 1/7/2004 09:43 AM, Mary Sutton wrote:
> [...]

Shlomo has seen some instances on his systems in which "save as PDF"
causes document re-layout. I believe that his main concern.

We have not seen such behaviour at Adobe, at least under Windows 2000
and XP or on the Macintosh. Following my recommendations on the Adobe
User-to-User FrameMaker forum and fixing the PPD files to not reference
any font other than Courier should minimize that possibility.
(see <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.ef4dc6a>.)
I certainly consider "save as PDF" safe with FrameMaker 7.x (but NOT
with any earlier versions)!

I am sure Shlomo will weigh in on this ...   (8^)>

        - Dov