Re: Keeping font overrides in crossreferece <$paratext>

Thomas, Peter,

Both suggestions are ones that certainly expand my current
knowledge and practice in using FM.  I'll take it offline and
carve out a niche of time to experiment with it.

For completeness of the thread, the problem summary is that I
wanted a cross-reference to a paragraph that duplicates the
paragraph text using <$paratext>, but I want all font overrides
in the source paragraph to be preserved in the cross-reference.
Normally, certain character format parameters are preserved if
they were applied in the source paragraph as character format
tags.  However, some are not (most notably italics).
Furthermore, each character that has been subjected to multiple
character format tags is only associated with one tag; the
cumulative effect of multiple format tags is realized through
overrides to the one tag.  The end result is that not all of the
character formatting is duplicated in the cross-reference.

The following suggestions are alternative approaches to preserve
complex character formatting completely in cross-referencing.

Thanks, all.  I'll follow up when I've had a chance to try them.

Fred

P.S. Posted to
comp.text.frame
framers@omsys.com
adobe.framemaker
--
Fred Ma
Dept. of Electronics, Carleton University