Re: Keeping font overrides in crossreferece <$paratext>

Would this text-inset strategy work for you:

* Create a new file to contain the captions. Define a custom master page
with no template text frame - the one usually named flow A. Draw text frames
on this page, one per caption; name the text flow for each frame to indicate
its caption, such as "Flow: Caption of phenomenon 1." Format as required.

* In the source document, where you need the caption, import the text inset,
just as you would insert a cross-reference.

* In the location where you need the one-page list of captions, import the
text insets. If you need thumbnails of the images on this page, create a
two-column table; import the graphics and size appropriately, for column 1,
and import the insets for column 2.

If you need to revise the information or the graphics, you'd revise it in
the source of the inset, or the source of the graphic, then update the book.

HTH

Regards,

Peter Gold
                              KnowHow ProServices
          FrameMaker training, coaching, consulting, template design
          See our new on-demand training and coaching information at:
               http://www.knowhowpro.com/schedule_of_classes.htm
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker+SGML Authoring, Acrobat 5,
                 InDesign 2, WebWorks Professional Certified trainer
                    Voice: 612.823.7113  Mobile: 650.906.3655