Re: Keeping font overrides in crossreferece <$paratext>

> I have math notation outside of equations in my figure
> captions.  The journal I'm submitting a paper to requires
> the captions all together on separate page.  I wanted to
> keep the captions on the pages of the figures as well.

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to achieve
this by using a generated List of Paragraphs. If you're
using a book file for this document, you simply add the
LOP file at the appropriate place in the book. If this is
a single document file, you can still generate a LOP file
and include it by reference at the appropriate place.
It's an extra step to set up and format the LOP file,
and an extra step to generate it for a single document,
but it may very well be worth it.

Generated files do preserve *all* character formatting
made with character tags. Again, formatting with overrides,
including applying multiple tags, are not preserved.
If you don't feel like creating "combination tags", you
could perhaps apply the missing formatting manually in
the generated LOP file. Such manual formatting is of
course deleted if you regenerate the LOP file, so it needs
to be done at the final stage.

This won't be a "prefect" solution either, but perhaps a
bit better than having the figure captions only in the
list of captions file. Unless you really have very complex
and numerous "multi-tag" formatting, I would consider
creating "combination tags", even if they clutter the
character catalog somewhat. Only you see it, right? :-)

Good luck!
Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
http://go.to/framers/  (updated on Oct. 29)