Re: epsi import looks black, prints OK

> ... I export to
> Distiller PS and apply ps2epsi to
> convert to EPSI; ps2epsi uses Gnu's ghostscript 7.05.
> When I import into FM, the import looks all black.
> When I print it out (again to Distiller PS), the page
> is blank.

I've always had trouble with ps2epsi; I have GS 8.00
and 8.11 available & they don't work either. What I
do is:

  1) Use "eps2eps" to convert the exported PostScript
     file to EPS format without a preview. You can import
     that into Frame if you don't mind the grey box.

  2) Open the new EPS file in Illustrator (if you have
     it) and save it back out so it gets a usable preview.

Another possibility is to use Frame's drawing tools only
for things you don't have to resize, and use an external
tool for most graphics.

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives