CEE languages

With the addition of so many countries to the European Union I'm curious to hear perspectives on FrameMaker-based workflows using the ISO 8859-2 or Win 1250 character encoding.

It appears that many of the Windows-based and Solaris 8 OpenType and Type 1 fonts can support the special characters (double acute accents, carons, ogoneks, etc.), but I'm curious about FrameMaker output with respect to the list below in Czech, Polish, and Hungarian:

1. hyphenation dictionaries
2. index sorting
3. PDF output (e.g. bookmarks)

What about other languages like Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Slovenian, and Slovakian? If anyone has covered such ground, I'd be interested in hearing what worked easily and what was more difficult to set up (if anything).

Best regards,
Jason "the outcast-Frame-Templar-Unclean" Aiken

p.s. MS OutHouse's spellchecker suggests "gooneys" for ogoneks.