DONE, not solved WAS: "\t" in autonumber format doesn't displayin FM 7.0p577 and 578 - known bug?

Thanks to all who replied.

Lester Smalley noted a similar occurrence in older releases. He suggested it
may be due to creating the \t format on Mac, and losing it on the PC.
However, the format was created on the same Win2K machine on which it later
became invisible.

David Williams suggested checking the MIF, which I did. The \t is present in
both the Mac's MIF and the PC's MIF.

To repeat for clarity, whether or not the \t is visible in the autonumber
format text box, the format performs correctly on both platforms, and the
tab character it creates is visible with text symbols turned on.

I did not test this on other Windows flavors, native or on Virtual PC. I
will report it as a bug.

Regards,

Peter Gold  Trainer, Adobe Certified Expert
KnowHow ProServices   http://www.knowhowpro.com
Phone: 612.823.7113
FrameMaker, FrameMaker+SGML, Acrobat, InDesign
WebWorks Publisher Certified
Distance training and coaching information at
http://www.knowhowpro.com/schedule_of_classes.htm