Create Adobe PDF, Frame 6, and Mac OS X

I've just made the switch to OS X (finally), and I'm getting weird
behavior in the print dialogue for Create Adobe PDF.

Frame 6.0p357, OS 10.2.6, Acrobat 5.0.5.

When I open up the print dialogue, it shows my distiller options; but
if I go to any of the other pages, like the Postscript options (to
set to level 3, binary, and no font inclusion, like Dov said) and to
the Frame options to generate PDF data, and then return to the
Acrobat options, the drop down menu with my distiller options is
blank and no longer responds.

Worse, even though I use Save Settings after each change, if I return
to print again, they've reverted to default.

(The only reason my distiller options show by default is that I put
an asterisk at the beginning of their name, so they're first
alphabetically.)

Is there a driver or other file I can/should replace? This is
beginning to get tiresome.

Best,
--
Victor Caston