Re: Visual artifact in displaying regular text

Sean wrote:

> Can you repost that as a Web-ready graphic?
>
> Does ctrl+L fix the issue?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean

Sean,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Web-ready graphic?
I assumed that a browser has some kind of app designated
to view tiffs.  I didn't attach it to the posting
because binaries are generally not welcome in newgroups.
In case you mean that tiff is not well supported, I've
also created a jpeg:
http://www.doe.carleton.ca/~fma/Framemaker/FMartifact.jpg

Ctrl-L does fix it, but it's really untenable to
repeatedly press ctrl-L every words or two.  Any new words
I type are subject to the same visual artifacts I described
in my original post.  If I was just transcribing or type-
setting, it wouldn't be such a big deal.  But I'm composing,
so the page is actually a mental palette.  I'm constantly
and critically evaluating what I write as I formulate and
revise it.  The chopped and randomly strewn bits of letters
are really distracting.  Really really weird.

Fred

P.S. Sent to comp.text.frame, adobe.framemaker,
and framers@omsys.com.