Visual artifact in displaying regular text

Hi,

I'm getting some kind of visual artifact when working
with regular text.  My Body paragraph consists of
11-point Arial.  Whenever it is not the topmost
paragraph on the page, all the low-hanging letters get
their bottom-most pixels truncated (e.g. "q", "y", "p",
"j").  I have a picture at
http://www.doe.carleton.ca/~fma/Framemaker/FMartifact.tif

Not only are the bottom-most pixels not where they
should be, the lost pixels seem to be strewn
horizontally across the screen at random positions.

Furthermore, when I triple-click to select all text,
the dark highlighting bar seems to exclude the
bottom-most pixels.  It seems like FM's calculations of
where the letters bottom out are 1 pixel-line off.

I just wonder if anyone else can duplicate this.  I am
viewing this at 90% zoom (which is a balance between
having hard-to-read letters vs. not being able to see
enough in a multi-window environment).  This is FM6
running on Win2K.

It seems like a minor detail, but it sure is
distracting when one is trying to compose.

Thanks for any feedback.

Fred

P.S.  Sent to comp.text.frame, adobe.framemaker, and
framers.omsys.com.
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics