RE: Variable possible in index marker?

Ann Hastings wrote:

> I don't think it is possible, but I would like to have some
> index entries
> change the variable text (the year) automatically when I change the
> definition of the variables they reference.
<snip>
> Is there any workaround way to change the markers themselves
> as a group,
> even semi-automatically?

You can't put a variable in the marker text, but you can semi-automate
such changes by using IXGen (http://www.fsatools.com/).

With IXGen, you can generate a list of all the index markers and their
text. Then, you can use Find/Replace to change all the date strings.
Finally, you click a button to "reapply" the edited marker list to the
doc from which it was generated. This way, you're updating the marker
text, not the generated index.

HTH!
Richard

------