Variable possible in index marker?

Hi All,

I don't think it is possible, but I would like to have some index entries
change the variable text (the year) automatically when I change the
definition of the variables they reference.

The variable text says "Y02XXX" and "Y02YYY." I can update the corresponding
index entries as a group to say "Y03XXX" and "Y03YYY" by just doing a
Find/Change in the generated index, but that does not change the underlying
index markers.

Is there any workaround way to change the markers themselves as a group,
even semi-automatically?

Any thoughts pointing to a trail I can chase would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ann Hastings