Re: Acrobat 6 Installation Order

When upgrading from Acrobat 5 to Acrobat 6, you should definitely
uninstall Acrobat 5 (or Distiller 4.05 or 5 if all you had was the bundled
Distiller that came with FrameMaker 6 or 7 before attempting to
install Acrobat 6. Reboot. Then install Acrobat 6 (it will probably
want your old Acrobat 5 CDROM as evidence for upgrade).

There is no reason whatsoever to muck around with uninstalling any
component of FrameMaker (any version) itself!

        - Dov

PS: If you are upgrading from Acrobat 5 to Acrobat 6, be aware that
the "Acrobat 6 Professional" version is really the successor to
Acrobat 5. "Acrobat 6 Standard" is stripped of a number of features
that were standard in Acrobat 5.