Re: Enabling Arial Greek from Arial unicode font in Win98 ?

Hi, Bjørn.

Just go to Windows=>Start=>Run and type "sysedit" in command field. Press
"Enter".

The 'SysEdit' multiwindow editor starts.
Switch to 'win.ini' window and find the section called "FontSubstitutes"
near the end of win.ini file.
Add the next lines to the end of font list:

Arial Unicode MS Greek,161=[Arial Unicode MS],161

where the [Arial Unicode MS] is the exact name of your font how you can see
it in CharMap utility.
Save file and Reboot.
Enjoy.

If you'd like to have Greek as default language too, you'll need to add the
second string
like:

Arial Unicode MS Greek,0=Arial Unicode MS,161

and add for each font string the next with mapping:

 [Font Name] Greek,0=[Font Name],161

Below is the sample of REG file if you use Windows NT 4, Windows 2000 or
Windows XP and need the same Greek font.
Save it as plain text with extension *.REG and double click on it. Reboot.

=======Cut here===============
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
; "Arial Unicode MS Greek,0"="Arial Unicode MS,161"
"Arial Unicode MS Greek,161"="Arial Unicode MS,161"

Regards,
Dm.

To Steve.
Sorry, it's not true.