RE: Line lengths vary - intercharacter spacing?

John Bell wrote:

> > I would expect them to have the same length, but the line
> that ends with a
> > hard return is shorter than the line with a soft return.

Michael Lewis replied:

> Is this happening on screen only? I've had the same
> experience, and learned
> to ignore it -- the problem doesn't appear in print or PDF.

In Windows, you can eliminate such screen-only display anomalies by opening your maker.ini file and, in the [Fonts] section, find the following line:

DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics=Off

Change Off to On. Line lengths will appear on screen exactly as they print. Read the comment block in maker.ini for an explanation of the pluses and minuses of doing this.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs