Re: wanted: graphic building block, gradient filled box in FM6

Craig, I found a couple of resources for gradient fills a while back.
Haven't tried either of them, but fwiw:

http://www.caosystems.com/  [in German; look under "CybereObjects"]

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~dowdy/FrameMaker/FrameMaker.html

Slides.fm
     This template shows how to utilize PostScript code columns to generate
those foofy background gradients ala PowerPoint-y types. It's gross and
there are some problems related to having a non-displaying gradient that
prints on the slide, but not on screen and the overlaying Frame Text that
may not be visible in one environment or the other, but you get the idea...
     It obviously needs some work to be a production template. I also don't
know if Mac/PC platforms support PSCode Columns.

     Slides-001.jpg This is a (crummy -- Lots of JPEG locality defects)
JPEG rendering of the first page of the Slides template above to show
exactly what i'm talking about w.r.t. gradient filled backdrops.

Sheila

 >>  I'm looking for a way to provide a user with a graphic building block
for use in building some native FrameMaker graphic images. Unfortunately,
FrameMaker doesn't provide a gradient fill so I need to import that
element.
Sheila Carlisle         NEW --->  V: 425/ 486-2988   F: 425/ 483-3836
Axial InfoSolutions Inc.               (Bothell, Washington)
Automated Publishing Solutions  /  Authorized Miramo Reseller
http://www.axialinfo.com  http://www.miramo.com