Re: Adobe PDF Settings tab

It doesn't do nothing!

When you use the Acrobat Distiller printer instance, the setting for
the Distiller job options is indeed the choice of job option file to
be used for the job at hand. This overrides whatever is set as the
Distiller's own settings, so you had better NOT ignore it!! Whatever
options are chosen in Adobe PDF settings tab are what is used for the
distillation!!!

With regards to the "do not send fonts to the Distiller" option. The
default should be to CHECK this item, even if you are printing to
file as long as the PostScript is being distilled by Acrobat Distiller 5
on the same system and the fonts are indeed resident. Moving the file
to another system, I would agree that this would not be prudent.
Note that in Acrobat 5, the Distiller is able to "find" not only Type 1
fonts, but also TrueType and OpenType fonts (finally)!

        - Dov