Re: Frame+SGML: Prefix Rules and Attributes

That's the conclusion that others have told me. Hadn't thought of using
variables in the EDD yet. Although I do use conditional text quite liberally.
I have also modified the EDD's EDD (that is the EDD that controls the display of
the EDD) to allow Element as highest element. It is then possible to "extract"
an element and then import it as a text inset. This is handy because you can
easily go back to the previous version, plus it is simpler to work with only the
one element at a time.

Eric L. Dunn

"Lynne A. Price" <lprice@txstruct.com> on 2001-06-10 09:22:17 PM

Please respond to "Lynne A. Price" <lprice@txstruct.com>

Eric,
  I don't think there's anything you can do other than using multiple
prefixes and suffixes. I have sometimes created extra elements, just to
have a place to put the requisite prefixes.
  I do recommend using variables within the EDD for the common part of the
prefixes so that you can change it for various TopElements without having
to edit multiple copies.
     --Lynne