RE: Adobe PDF Settings tab

The settings for Distiller job options set in the driver via the
"Adobe PDF Settings" tab in printer properties ONLY APPLY if and only
if you don't divert the PostScript stream to a file. Thus, if you are
checking the "file" option, it won't use those options. Similarly,
FrameMaker's "save as PDF" option if it uses the Acrobat Distiller
printer instance or even PageMaker's similar hackery will likewise
bypass this specification since these "features" call the Distiller
themselves without using the "acrotray.exe" service.

If you are seeing something to the contrary, we would like to know.
I cannot cause a failure with Windows 2000 Professional or Windows 2000
Server; it works fine here and for all other instances we know of.
What flavour of Windows are you using? Also, you wouldn't happen to
concurrently have Acrobat 4.05 installed, I hope?!? Concurrent use
of both versions or perhaps failure to uninstall one before loading
the other might cause some weird hybrid behaviour?!? Please advise.

        - Dov