Re: Index Markers

On Wed, 30 May 2001 13:44:04 -0400, Richard de Vecchis
<RDevecchis@lawmanager.com> wrote:

>I've been putting multiple index markers in the same location and I'm
>wondering about potential problems with this.
>For example, when I click on a location only one index marker (the index
>text) appears in the box. This makes it hard to keep track or edit what's
>there or what will actually appear in the index. Also, I'm wondering if the
>HTML conversion with Mif2Go gets troublesome with multiple markers in the
>same location-

Mif2Go has no problem with this, but it *is* hard to edit.  You can
use Find for markers of type Index, with the Marker box open, and
step through them with Find Next.  Or you can open the Marker box,
put your cursor before the first one, and Shift-right arrow to see
it; then tap right arrow without Shift, and Shift-right arrow again
to see the next.  It sounds harder than it is... ;-)

Another response proposed putting several entries in one marker.
Don't do that!!!  Although Mif2Go supports it, Frame limits total
text so that you are *very* likely to get a truncated last entry.

Finally, we totally agree with Fred Ridder's recommendation for
IXgen, which we use ourselves.  Check it out at:
  http://home.pacifier.com/~franks/

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/