Re: Odd graphics-related dialogs on Frame save/print

> Is there any condition or setting which would cause FrameMaker to
> create/display a bitmapped screen preview of referenced imported
> graphics (ala QuarkXPress)?
>
> I'm aware that FrameImage facets are meant to facilitate the opening
> and multi-platform viewing of copied graphics, and therefore
> theoretically moot for referenced graphics.

FrameImage facets are only meant to be added for graphics imported
by copy (embedded graphics). However, the online manual for working
on multiple platforms indicate that they may be used in some cases
even for referenced graphics. I'm not sure under what circumstances
this would be the case, and I've never seen it happen.

As you probably know, the preference "Save FrameImage ..."
controls whether FrameImage facets are added or not. Unless you have
a particular reason for adding FrameImage facets, I would suggest
you turn it off. The facets should not be added if it's turned off,
not even for referenced graphics.

The fact that you get gray boxes on Mac but not on PC seems to
indicate that you're using a graphics format that's not fully
cross-platform. You don't say what graphics format you're using.
One of the reasons for gray boxes is missing graphic filters.

You'll find a long discussion of this on my web page:
http://w1.184.telia.com/~u18407300/graphics/graybox.html

Please let me know if that information doesn't solve your problem.