Odd graphics-related dialogs on Frame save/print

1. FrameImage Facets/Saving issues

Is there any condition or setting which would cause FrameMaker to
create/display a bitmapped screen preview of referenced imported
graphics (ala QuarkXPress)?

I'm aware that FrameImage facets are meant to facilitate the opening
and multi-platform viewing of copied graphics, and therefore
theoretically moot for referenced graphics. Interestingly, on the
Macintosh (Frame 6/OS9.1), having this option on causes an alert to
interrupt both manual and automatic saving procedures (OKing the
alert continues the Save just fine). The alert says:

"FrameMaker can't add FrameImages for some imported graphics due to
low memory. These graphics will appear as gray rectangles on other
computers and may not print properly."

So this begs several questions:
- are these facets are for referenced graphics, too?
- I set the memory partition up to 45MB; the single open file is 6MB.
What low memory?
- the file opens fine on a PC; no gray boxes

2. PC Printing Issues

The file prints fine on the Mac with no alerts. But, on the PC, this
same file's printing is interrupted with an alert saying:

"Cannot print some imported images. Click OK to continue."

This alert appears at different moments in subsequent printing tests
of the single file. First time was when the Printing Document window
showed page 4 as processing; on an immediate reprint it occurred on
page 33. In any case, the document prints just fine all the way
through (all graphics image correctly).

I visually searched the file for evidence of a small, empty, or
wayward picture frame but did not see any. The only other clue I can
offer is that this document contains 140 images which have all been
replaced after changing their file format. The document was created
on the PC by importing/converting an existing MSWord file. I replaced
all the pix on the Mac. We can bounce the file to and from platforms
without incident, and the file opens on each platform without
incident (references are clean).
--

Bart Windrum

720 904 2321 x125