Re: Changing CALS table generic identifiers (was [FrameSGML] Anomalies/Bugs in FM+SGML V5.5.6 & V6.0)

At 12:34 AM 5/14/01 -0700, Dan Emory wrote:
>I have a DTD which declares two types of CALS-compliant tables, as follows:
<!ELEMENT Table      - -  (Title?, tgroup)>
><!ELEMENT tgroup     - O  (colspec*, spanspec*, thead?, tfoot?, tabody) >
><!ELEMENT Tabdat     - -  (Effect?, Title?, Tabgroup)>
><!ELEMENT Tabgroup   - O  (colspec*, spanspec*, thead?, tfoot?, tabody) >

>My conclusion is that, although the content models and attributes for the
>Table Type 2 elements fully conform to the CALS table model, the two
>element name discrepancies (Tabgroup instead of Tgroup, Tabody rather than
>Tbody) causes FM+SGML to assume that, on export, Table Type 2 was not
>compliant with the CALS table model, hence no colspecs, and no switching of
>the positions of Tabody and Tfoot were produced, even though, in both
>tables, all of the attributes corresponding to table properties in the

Dan,
  What you really have is not two types of CALS-compliant tables, but
two types of CALS-based tables--the generic identifiers (element names)
in CALS tables are not changeable.
  That said, your conclusions are correct. FM+SGML's processing of the
CALS model does assume the document uses the CALS tables generic identifiers,
and it does not generate colspec elements for other element types.
	--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
lprice@txstruct.com