Re: Element Hierarchy and EDD

I would question the hierarchy of the EDD/DTD. I think it should be:
<analysis>
   <par>Text</par>
   <par>Text</par>
   <par>Text</par>
</analysis>

Which could also be:
<analysis>
   <par>Text</par>
   <par>Text</par>
   <par>Text</par>
</analysis>

Then your context rule for para is  {first} < note.
Tiis construct is also better, IMO, as your current structure probably allows:

Now try and format that mess.....

You could also aloow sibling notes, but that again is a mess. When designing the
DTD/EDD I would think of the problem this way: "A note is made up of one or more
paragraphs" and not "a paragraph has one (or more) notes".

Eric L. Dunn

I have the following structure:

<analysis>
   <par>Text</par>
   <par>Text</par>
   <par>Text</par>
</analysis>

I want the first <note> to be formatted with a line above. By using the context
rule {first} < par < analysis, all of my notes are appearing with the line
above. I know this is because each <note> does not have any siblings. Is there
any way to correct this
in the EDD?

Thanks,
Jessica