Re: Another Mif2Go Question

All:

Jeremy responded to my post recently as follows:

> > Once this pain is over the result should be a universal process with
all
> > mif2go options, CSS formats, and macro includes that can be applied to
all
> > of our user guides with 'just a click of the button'.  But there is
> > considerable pain getting there.
>
> If we understood the source of the pain, we'd do our best to eliminate
> it.  We've noticed that some customers have problems, others (who are
> creating output just as complex) have none at all...

Jeremy is getting a running stream of requests to resolve various
misunderstandings,
to which he responds in great detail.  So we are getting there.

You'all will notice that, despite the pain, I am continuing to inflict it
on
myself!  That is, it is worth persevering.

Most of the pain involves our quite complex FrameMaker template and
translating
it to the most palatable HTML Help format.  Other pain involves quickly
learning
CSS and HTML, to which I have had little exposure.

Roll on the User Guide and the cross-platform HTML-based help template, say
(and so say all of us!).

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor