RE: QUERY: Frame 5.5 and Windows 2000?

The "update" option is normally only available if the version of the
driver existing on your system is an earlier version than the version
in the installer. There were some exceptions to that and that is fixed
in the next driver installer that will be on Adobe's web site soon
(it shipped as part of Acrobat 5).

The "InstallShield" installers are the source of the time delays to
install. They go looking at the entire environment that your system has
(why, I don't know). Thus, if you are on-line and have a dozen drives
mapped, it seems to take forever (even of a dual-procesor 933mhz Pentium III
with a gigabyte of memory).

        - Dov