RE: QUERY: Frame 5.5 and Windows 2000?

I have seen several references to this "update" option in the
driver installer. However, when I run the Universal Installer 1.0.2
on a Windows 2000 or NT system, I can see no option of only updating
the driver. I must always install a new printer instance.
If I do install a new "dummy" printer, then all other existing
printer instances seem to be updated to a newer version. I must
then delete the newly added printer.

Also, the Universal Installer 1.0.2 takes an enormous amount of
time to start, even on fairly modern and powerful systems, e.g.
Pentium II/III 300-500 MHz with 256-512 MB memory. We're talking
several minutes before the InstallShield is started!

Any clues?