Re: Windows %&$#@*+$ colour management (I'll never learn)

Dov Isaacs wrote:

>(3) Considerate Mac users generate "Windows-compatible" 8-bit TIFF
>preview EPS files with the .EPS suffix when creating artwork with
>Illustrator on the Macintosh. ...

Why specifically 8-bit TIFFs? Wouldn't 1-bit previews be OK as well?
Our EPS graphics are mostly black&white line drawings & the 1-bit
TIFF preview seems to work for us.

We're a mixed-bag here, both Macs & Windows. And yes, we've been
using b&w TIFF preview for a while. Macs, after all, are backward-
compatible. :-)

	Larry