Re: Chapter TOC plug-in?

Russ said:
**********************
It sure would be nice to feed a list of chapter book files along with
the
big book file name to a plug-in, and have it do all the TOC generations
and
book updating. Does this plug-in exist somewhere?

Yes, Dan E. is right about importing the TOC to get it into the same
file as the chapter.  But that doesn't address the issue of generating a
book with 800 "chapters", each in a separate mini-book.

I believe fmbatch (on Unix) would do it.  For Windows I have a freeware
thing that recreates fmbatch (sort of).  Anyway, you can feed it a
script, and it will do stuff.  One thing you can do is have it open a
book and update it.  So you could have a script that updates all your
small books, then updates the big book.

The script would look something like:

open.book.visible(C:\Docs\doc1.book)
update.book.(C:\Docs\doc1.book)
close.book(C:\Docs\doc1.book)

open.book.visible(C:\Docs\doc2.book)
update.book.(C:\Docs\doc2.book)
close.book(C:\Docs\doc2.book)

open.book.visible(C:\Docs\CudSpanDocs.book)
update.book.(C:\Docs\CudSpanDocs.book)
close.book(C:\Docs\CudSpanDocs.book)

As usual, find my freeware on
http://www.telecable.es/personales/cud/

Cheers             cud
--
Chris Despopoulos, maker of CudSpan Freeware...
Plugins to Enhance FrameMaker & FrameMaker+SGML