Full list of variables in generated lists

Oh Wise Ones -

one of the hidden treasures of Frame is the Generated List option.
The various reports, especially the ones under List of References,
are indispensible for editing, proofreading and troubleshooting.

The format of each entry in an LOR can be found in the LOR special
text flow on the reference page for the LOR file. The default is
<$referencename> <$pagenum> but you can change this to add other
information.

My problem is that I don't know what other variables I can use.
There are various lists in the manual (Chapters 7 and 13) and online
help that claim to be comprehensive, but for a start don't include
<$referencename> (as far as I can see). If that one is missing maybe
others are too.

Last night Brian Simmons asked how to generate a list of all
conditional text in a book. This should be a snap using the LOR but
the default format only shows the tag name and page number, not the
text itself. I suspect there's a variable that contains the tagged
text -- but I don't know how to find it.

Does anyone know of a full list of variables that can be used in
generated lists? For extra credit and a free beer the next time
you're passing through Perth, do you know of any extra reference
docs that explain in detail how to customise generated lists?

Thanks
---
Stuart Burnfield
Gentoo Communications