FrameMaker 6 does HTML export? Yeah, sometimes ...

Framers!

I have trouble with WebWorksPublisherSE 6.06 (and the version that ships
with Frame 6, the 6.06 is just the latest maintenance fix).

converted to HTML via the WebWorks Publisher component that ships with
Frame 6 (BUT wasn't this supposed to be the raison d'etre for the 6.0
update???).

My goal: Convert Frame to HTML.

Trouble is: It will not correctly process all Frame documents that
contain EPS files from Illustrator (even e.g. the rose.ai sample from
the Illustrator 9 CD in EPS format, I tried both PS level 2 and 3).

-> WWPubSe simply crashes.
-> Adobe is able to reproduce the issue.

Adobe's spin: It's Quadralay's fault. Nothing can be done about it (i.e.
Adobe reports the issue to Quadralay and they file it away somewhere
...). And yes, the WWPub Pro edition has the same issues.

Do I have to accept this?

Any ideas? I have to use the EPS (vector) format and leave the graphics
unchanged, that's a given (PDF doesn't work very well anyway, according
to Arnis Gubins:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx.fcgi?13@224.Nr5laacopoY^0@.ee853
b8/7 ).

Adobe German TS suggested to use highres TIFFs instead of EPS, but at
print resolutions I would rather not go that way, thank you.

Frame 5.5.6 wouldn't import Word documents correctly and is incompatible
with Adobe OpenType fonts (because some contain "too many" kerning
pairs). So the 6.0 bugfix for me was not optional but mandatory. For
this reasons, getting my update money back wouldn't solve but worsen my
problems.

I'm just a little bit outraged about this affair ... (note the CC:) ...

Regards,

Moritz