Chinese S PS driver installation problem

G'day all,

I'm trying to install the Simplified Chinese version of the latest version
of PostScript (using Version 1.0.2 Universal Installer) on a Chinese S NT4.0
system, but can't get the installation going (and we start PDFing Chinese S
again next week).

After starting to load, I get an Error message which I think translates as:

"This program cannot install a printer in this locale"

(I tried installing the English version of 1.0.2 on the same system, and got
that message.)

I have double-checked my administrator privileges, disk space, etc. but can
see nothing obvious.

I have also searched the Adobe knowledgebase, but could find nothing.

Any clues, please?

jjj